The Institute for Athlete Regeneration (IAR) Sports & Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship teaches physical therapists advanced evaluation and treatment techniques with an emphasis on the athletic population. Through intense clinical and didactic experiences, including extensive one-on-one mentorship with a Fellowship trained Manual Therapist, clinicians will become highly skilled, autonomous, evidence based, critical thinkers, who represent the most elite clinicians in the fields of Sport and Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy. Participants will be experts in incorporating the IAR methodology that treats each condition based on the individual’s unique biomechanical deficiencies as they relate to the movement demands of their activity. This allows for a more focused, purposeful, and overall, more efficient and effective treatment approach. Graduates of the program will possess unparalleled skills in exercise prescription, manual therapy, injury prevention, recovery, performance based rehab, and movement analysis designed to optimize human function and athletic performance.
As we continue to push for easier access and autonomous practice, the physical therapy profession will become more challenging to the “generalist.” It is crucial in today’s medical model physical therapists distinguish themselves through their distinct area of expertise. IAR has blazed a trail in the realm of fellowship training by successfully achieving a unique harmony between Sports, Orthopedics, and Manual Therapy, and this collaboration makes IAR the most complete and comprehensive fellowship program in the country. IAR has taken a step forward to train clinicians on how to better bridge the gap between rehabilitation and sports through the union of advanced clinical reasoning, manual therapy, and unparalled performance based exercise prescription. The entire IAR curriculum has been carefully developed by some of the most highly skilled and innovative clinicians in Sports and Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy, who have spent many years practicing in a variety of sports and orthopedic arenas. Our sole focus is the successful development of clinicians who are easily distinguished by their patients, colleagues, physicians, and referral sources as the absolute BEST in what they do as clinicians and collegial mentors.
Our intense, self-paced, comprehensive, region-specific, curriculum has been carefully designed to produce clinicians who will:
- Effectively use an evidence informed approach to complement their clinical experience.
- Effectively integrate highly skilled manual therapy techniques into their daily practice to produce excellent patient outcomes.
- Better understand the different physiological, psychological and functional needs between athletes and the general population to successfully return these individuals to higher level of function.
- Confidently and effectively communicate with the medical community through mentoring, clinical instruction, and research.
- Improve their marketability and exposure to the professional community, employer, and referral sources by being a LEADER in clinical practice.
- Lead the way in breaking down the barriers between traditional approaches in the sports arena and the integration of highly effective manual therapy techniques and clinical reasoning.